Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We have been busy around here. We replaced the floors and then we found some living room furniture at a more than reasonable price...so we got furniture. Well as we were doing the floors I was at eye level with my walls for longer than I would normally be staring at my walls and I decided they were in really bad shape. I knew they needed to be painted...but now I was really in the know of how bad they were. SOOOO...we started the walls too. But for the walls we had some help...

Not sure if we were breaking any child labor laws....maybe some safety rules. A kid with a knife and a wall could get a little unruly....even if it was a butter knife.

My sweet Nina bear has always had a thing with ripping the border off the walls...ever since we moved here I find more and more of the border mysteriously missing??..?? So when she started rubbing the border with the fabric softener (Yes, Fabric softener it works!) and it was coming off she wasn't sure it was OK. She yelled for me to come and look..."MOM!! It's coming off the wall!!!" I can't blame her for being confused...for years she's been scolded for tearing it off the wall and now she was supposed to.

Hard at work. Although after some time they were not seeing quick results and were ready to quit. We need to work on perseverance and determination. Perhaps there is too much instant gratification going on...?
And as for the little guy....

He enjoys relaxing and playing for the camera! (this one is definitely into the instant gratification)

1 comment:

Christy said...

Girl I am right there with ya as far as home projects go. We have been so crazy busy here with those as well... I hope all goes well with you guys and that the projects are done in a timely manor... I know for myself this has gone on long enough... I wish it were over and done with already!

Praying for patience and perserverence for you and me!