Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer Fun...

We had a good time in Charlotte this weekend. Made some precious memories that caused me to remember other great memories when the kids were younger....
Like playing in the sprinklers. It brought back pictures of Sal and Bobby when they were in diapers and played in Grandpa and Grandma's sprinklers...(I would scan the old pics, but I have boxes of books I still need to put back on shelves).

And now we have these 2 characters...no more diapers.

Picking fruit and veggies on the farm with Grandpa.

Watching the kids and Grandpa walk the property reminded me of when Bobby was little and used to follow Grandpa around the farm...too cute!

I'm not sure what these remind me of...so silly, but I LOVE him!

And of course playing with Grandpa's mustache. We probably have pictures of each child playing with Grandpa's mustache!

Dancing with Grandpa...

and laughing at Grandpa's silliness! Fun!
On the ride home.....some of us slept!
Have a great week!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I love that last pic!I have a picture of Ethan when he was about the same age just like that!

I miss having babies ;o}

Unknown said...

Okay, this trip was captured well. I felt like I was in the heart of what you were capturing. It's dangerous, because set to music and reading it, it just seemed so picture perfect. I couldn't hear any of the sibling rivalry or the tired whining of children. I'm glad that I know intellectually the grass isn't greener over there in Charlotte!
Thanks for sharing these memories!

Christy said...

great pictures... I can't believe that you come to Charlotte and don't even let us know... AAAHHH! I know family comes first, but one of these day you are going to have to just invite us to spend time with you and your family! :)

The kiddos are getting so big... and love the pics with Sal... it's so great to see him love on children like he does!

have a great weekend

Mari said...

Rachel...your right you can't hear the noise that stifles the good stuff so often...but I have a feeling that when it is all said and done and we look back at the pictures that captured the moments we won't be thinking on the noise, but instead remember the sweet moments.