Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Countdown begins...

I have started the official countdown. 30 Days to go. On May 21st school will officially be D-O-N-E! Sal would argue that he will be the most excited about it, but I strongly disagree. It has been a very long....l-o-n-g....5 years at CIU. Good years I think. (the verdict is still out) It has definitely been a time that stretched us and tried us. I had a totally different idea as to what or where we would be at the end of this. To be completely honest it doesn't feel anything like I thought. I am glad it's almost over and I am most definitely thrilled that Sal will not have school taking up his time.
I was thinking about it and I realized how often I countdown the days to different events in life. By doing that I realized I am cheating myself of fully experiencing what God has for me today.
I want to be content in the now of my life regardless of how hard or common I may think it feels and looks. Because, really, the later isn't always what I think it will be.
What He has given me today and now is all that I need and I trust that it is the best for me today.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Wow, it seems like is has been so long since he started school. ANy leads as to where you may end up? Let us know how we can be praying for you guys.
much love,
christy

sarah said...

I know that will be so great for you all when he is finished, such an accomplishment. but i know what you mean about always counting down. i've been praying the same thing, that God would help me enjoy today - because i'm always looking to the end. thanks for the encouragment.

Emily said...

So true Mari, we need to enjoy the moments of today. None of us are promised tomorrow. God talks a lot about "today", you know? Just a couple I can think of are, "Today is the day of your salvation"; "Choose this day whome you will serve"; the list goes on. Hope you have a great weekend!