Saturday, March 21, 2009

The end is near....

The end is very near....the end of my pile of laundry that is(or so I thought). Not that the end of other things aren't near as well. I am just not the one to assume I know when other things will end. Because somehow I can't even figure out when I will be done with my laundry. I thought I was almost done with laundry and then last night I took inventory and I had two very large loads to still wash. You know something....I bet tonight there will be more! I know....stop imagining any different....laundry never ends. But I am on a mission to have at least a few hours of NO laundry. By that I mean, no washing, no drying, no folding. Since baby number 4 this has been mission impossible! Thank the Lord for washing machines. There's a reason for all my washing madness...
We are going to Disney with my mom and dad in law. We leave tomorrow and are very much looking forward to it.

I have been going through Isaiah in our ladies Bible study and I was very encouraged last week. The first part of the book of Isaiah is very much about judgement and correction. It does not leave too much room for soft and gushy...if you know what I mean. But throughout the verses you do see pictures of God's grace woven in. This week I came away with a few treasures that I will be storing in my memory to remember his goodness and grace.

He desires peace with me...and wants for me to rely on HIS protection.
Isaiah 27:5 (leading up to this is how God will punish)
"OR let him rely on MY protection, Let him make peace with ME, Let him make peace with ME."
With repentance comes peace and REST! And in trusting HIM I will find strength.
Isaiah 30:15 (Again, this follows verses of judgement and destruction of the proud and rebellious)
"For thus the Lord God, The Holy One of Israel, has said,
In repentance and rest you will be saved, In quietness and trust is your strength."
If I would be prompt to repent and rest, to be quiet and trust how different would it look...? My strength would be HIS. I want for others to see that strength.
It doesn't stop there. There's more. And this really jumped off the page for me. In the middle of all the rebellion and pride and yuck. In the middle of God's righteous anger and judgement.
I find this:
Isaiah 30:18
"Therefore the Lord LONGS to be gracious to you, and therefore He WAITS on high to have compassion on you. For the Lord is a God of justice; How BLESSED are all those who LONG for HIM."
May my heart forever LONG for HIM.
Have a great weekend and week!

4 comments:

Gabby said...

Have fun next week!
I can tell you their will be no laundry Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs. or Friday...But next week...hold on to your britches lady!!!

Unknown said...

I hope you have a blast.... and don't think about the laundry that will be waiting. Just enjoy your time away with everyone!!!!
R <><

sarah said...

thanks for the verses, very encouraging!

Emily said...

hey Mari:) We missed you this week at Bible study. Hope your trip is going great! Loved reading your insight on Isaiah, I am gleaning so much too. God's Word is amazing:)