Saturday, February 7, 2009

Well a couple things are official....Sal has applied for candidacy. He has paid his graduation fees. He started his last semester, and he will be ordering his cap and gown in the next couple of weeks!!!!!!! I never really expected for the day to be so near. I prayed for it, and he worked towards it....but it always seemed like it would never truly get here. The idea of no more schooling is a little surreal....nice....BUT....now the unknown! We have no idea yet what will be next and that part can be a little hard. I always said that I was up for anything....now faced with the the very real possibility that the next thing truly is anything.....I am challenged. I prayed for years that God would lead and direct...but that was when we were still in school....now I have to really check my heart and my willingness to truly submit to whatever He wills for us. My prayers have changed some....I am now praying for a submissive spirit....I was bolder in my prayers before when the end wasn't so near! And the truth is school may get out and we may have a season of nothing...we don't know yet.
We do know that Sal will be working part time at none other than our local *Walmart*. He filled out an application there really not expecting to get a call (for whatever reason). Well they called. He had been praying about the job situation and waiting for God's leading. We both felt that it was not time to look for something more permanent....in order to finish school this semester. So for the time being he will be working the electronics dept. at Wallyworld! (As if I didn't spend enough time there before!)

9 comments:

Pauline said...

ALRIGHT!!!Don't you get a discount??? Sorry I am not there tonight. I think Terry is going out with his brother tonight so we don't want to leave the "little ones" at home by themselves. Hope you guys have fun (even though I am not there). I know, it is hard!

Christy said...

Well that is a blessing... it's a job even though part time... and I LOVE WALMART... will he be working with Mr. George?

Glad to hear that a job came through... the LORD ALWAYS provides!

Unknown said...

Wow, What a season!!! I guess I can tell you that if God were to bring y'all to Oklahoma, I'd be thrilled and you'd have a friend waiting. Not that I even know that a move is something that would be involved in this unknown, but I guess you never really know!!! Nonetheless, your heart does sound right and I will pray right along with you for a submissive spirit!!!
<><

Mari said...

Rachel---A move is totally not out of question...it probably will involve a move...we think!

Mari said...

Christy--yes he will be with George! Too funny...actually who knows maybe Sal can tell George about Jesus...wouldn't that be awesome!

Daniel and Sarah Barrett said...

I am praying for yall during this time of waiting and listening...it is hard---we just experienced it as you know and it is worth the wait...I will pray for sensitivity to His Spirit---stay in His Word--He will speak--I love you so much!!!

Trail Rated said...

Congratulation Sal. Do you have a leanng for the future? Counseling? Pastoring? Church Planting - at home, or abroad?

Mari said...

Jack,
No leading brother....I am praying continually about it - just am being patient to see where we are led.
Pray for us.
We are open to anything......I could see myself serving in an addictions environment.
How is ministry going in NJ?
Sal

Pauline said...

I am sorry Mari, but I don't think a move is in store for you guys!! It all came in a dream last night and He told me that you were staying here!!!! Do you hear me?????