Sunday, February 1, 2009

Do you know the name of your local *Walmart* greeter??...bet you don't. Guess What?!? I do know the name of our local *Walmart* greeter. His name is Mr. George. Mr. George makes it a point to say hello to absolutely everyone who walks in the door....he is not content to simply say hello to the group if more than one person walks in the door...he will say "Hi" to each person. He is also very interested in starting conversations with anyone who is willing to talk. I will admit there are times when I strategically plan how I am going to walk in...and at what speed...so that I can get away with a simple "Hello" and not a full out conversation. I have learned some interesting things about Mr. George...like... he used to have a horse farm and his grandson lives with him...and... he has a dog that he absolutely spoils! I don't mind our little *Walmart* Conversations...but sometimes I just want in and out of that place. Mr. George is especially talkative when I decide to get a movie from the *Redbox* machine....then I can't get away from the inevitable conversation that Mr. George will start(please note that although Mr. George will be in conversation with me he will not I repeat not forget to say "Hello welcome to the *Walmart* " to any one who may walk in). I guess I could learn a thing or two about friendliness from Mr. George.......
He's either friendly or just flat out bored to death and willing to talk to anyone! (Or maybe I go to *Walmart* way too much)

5 comments:

Daniel and Sarah Barrett said...

I miss you so much! I hope all is well..I am still praying for you and Sal and job and all...give me an update...Love you!!!

Unknown said...

I liked this post about the walmart greeter. I could identify. Of course, I was coming up with problem solvers for you, like renting your next redbox at Mc'D's instead and entering the other side of the store. if you're in the mood for that kind of conversation, then enter at your own risk and learn from some of the best. *grin*
I think they are always so sweet! I'm just not always in the mood for sweet!

Daniel and Sarah Barrett said...

Hey this is Daniel, I think I know that guy. Ask him if his last name is Jones... Yes, I know George Jones. But seriously how many Mr. George's that talk way to much could there be out there. If it's him, we've done some tree work together. A lot of talking and a little tree work. Cool guy. If it's not him... forget that I said any of this.

Pauline said...

I know who you are talking about (I think). I had a conversation with him on Friday. I have to admit, I did not know his name is Mr.George. I always just say Hi and keep walking because I am there all the time (or at least it feels like it). Hope you are doing well.

Christy said...

That is awesome... I have to say, I don't know their names... but I know my walmart greeters faces! THat is too funny, hope you have a great day, and if you go to walmart.. say hi to mr. george for me!