Friday, August 1, 2008

Reality TV

I day in the life of me is usually interesting, but there are times when it surpasses the interesting mark and hits hysterical!
I am convinced that there are hidden cameras following me around and that some where in this vast universe there is a reality TV show with me as the main character. And its a hit!
For example, just yesterday they filmed an excellent episode of the stubborn garage door. I was on my way out and noticed that there was a package on the front porch so I asked Salvatore to please go and get it and put it inside. I opened the garage door so he could put it in the kitchen. When he was done and headed back down the driveway I went ahead and pushed the trusty old button on the garage door remote. The started to go down and kept going until it reached the 3/4 way mark and then it went back up. I tried again....down it went and this time it went a little further down and then decided it would go back up again. So I got out of the car to see if there was anything in the way that was sending the door back up, and no there was not anything in the way. I pushed the button again and watched. Down, down, down.....and then stop and back up again. So I went inside the garage and tried again to see if there was something I couldn't see from outside that was hindering the door from completely shutting....nope nothing there and the door shut the whole way. So, of coarse I opened it again (don't ask why) and stepped out of the garage and pushed the button. What do you think happened??? It came down past the point where the sensor would have stopped it but once again did not shut. This is where I began to think someone was getting there kicks!!!! Somewhere, someone has a remote to my garage!!!! After a few more attempts....it shut all the way.
So, if any of you are viewers of this realty TV show at my expense I hope it is good!

5 comments:

Christy said...

I have a reality tv show also... it's called... where are my keys!
lfie is funny, God has a great sense of humor!

Tracy said...

That is so funny....I also have a reality tv show. It's called lets leave the garage door down just a few inches....so mom will not see it and back into it....twice. It's a hoot! Saw your blog and wated to say hi.
Tracy

Unknown said...

this is hysterical. I'll stay tuned for your next episode for sure!

Billie said...

I know I really had a good laugh watching this take place. I can't wait to see what happens next. lol

Emily said...

DRHorton...I can see this so clearly because this has happened so much to us!!
Oh, how funny!:)
FYI, We have to now push our garage door button and hold it down until it closes all the way. Not sure how this works with the remote b/c I lost mine long ago:)