Wednesday, May 28, 2008

3 weeks already!







I absolutely adore seeing Sal with his 4 babies! It fills my heart with so much joy.



Wow...I remember hearing that the older we get the faster life seems to go. They were right. Its been three weeks already, and it seems like yesterday we got home from the hospital. We are all doing really well. I am tired, but that is normal. Samuel and I are still getting to know each other. He is a noisy sleeper! I have read about the sleep cycles babies have, but truthfully my other kids slept quietly. Not Samuel he goes through those cycles and has the crying and everything. So I am getting to know his cries and at night I easily mistake and sleep cry for a hungry cry and then we have a hard time getting back to sleep...but all in all its going well. The kids are still smitten with him. I have threatened them enough about waking him up when he is asleep that when he does cry while he's sleeping they will immediately say "it wasn't me mom". (I guess I'm cranky)
This weekend my mom came to meet the baby. It was great to have her here. We had our 2 week appointment last Thursday and Samuel had not gained his birth weight yet so we were scheduled for a follow up on Tuesday...well my mom and I got to work. For those of you who do not know my mom she loves to feed the kids (: It comes with the territory of being a grandmother. Well at our follow up we have gained almost a full pound in five days! 6lbs 13ozs!!!
Yeah me and mom...


I have had the opportunity to watch both grandparents see the baby. For my mom it is her 5th grandchild, and for my in-laws it is their 6th. I loved seeing them hold him and love him as much as the first...amazing. Our hearts just fall in love no questions just love.
Samantha just loves her brother, it overwhelms her at times and we are working on that. How easily as women we can let our emotions and feelings gain control over us. Watching her with him my heart swells. I can already see what an amazing mother she will be.
Sal and Donovan love him too....Sal is very gentle and loves to hold him. Donovan has grown up so much. He is doing so well. He will come up to Samuel and kiss him so very gently on the forehead. He wants him to stay awake and doesn't like when I feed him because it usually means he will fall asleep. Donovan went with me to both of the doctor appointments, and was very attentive to what the nurse was doing. Especially when she drew blood for the jaundice test.
(I tries to organize the pictures but I am not sure what in the world is going on with this blog tonight, so they will all be at the top...or somewhere!)

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Hey, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed our visit on Saturday. He is BEAUTIFUL! It really makes me sad how fast time flies. My little JoJo is going to be 1 next week. NOOOO! Hope you ar getting some sleep and I'll see ya soon.

Luzze ya,
Pauline