Sunday, July 15, 2007

Today we had a special speaker come to our church, he spoke on the validity of the bible and all the evidence that supports what God's word has always said. It was really neat. Some of the stuff I did not know, like...... On Nov. 5, 2005 Israeli archaeologist discovered the oldest Christian church to date. At the entrance of this church is a mosaic that has pictures of fish (Christian symbols) as well as a dedication. It states, "In the memory of the God, Jesus Christ". This is the first archaeological find that has Jesus' name on it. Fox news did an article on it, they say it is not the oldest church....but according to www.alwaysbeready.com (the web-site for the gentlemen who spoke today) it pre-dates the 4th century by 100 years. You can check the article out at www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,174685,00.html
This find was also only a few months before the release of the davinci code, and this was found in the city where the bible says the battle of Armageddon will begin. Don't really know how many of you are fact junkies...I can be. Especially stuff like this. I hate how little press it gets, but I love God's timing!!!!!
We have been really good. I have seen some really neat things lately in my family. Evidence of God's hand on them.
Little Sal was reading his bible today and later retelling me what he read....I was so impressed by all that he remembered and knew. And I have seen him react with love and kindness to his brother and sister in ways that can only be from the Holy Spirit. For those of you who know Sal and how much he likes to have his things in order and how much he dislikes when the little ones tear it up, will understand this. He had built something and left it while he went to do something else. When he came back it was torn up....by....the big D.(Donovan) I was waiting for the freak out! But instead he walked up to his brother and said: "It's OK Donovan I forgive you, I can always rebuild it."
WOW! It was so sweet to see!
Donovan has made great strides at listening and using words instead of meltdowns to make his feelings known to us. This is very good!!!
Samantha has continued being the soft hearted and loving one. She has such a tender heart. Sometimes I struggle with this because I can be very non-tender hearted. A little calaused you could say. My prayer with her is that I do not get in the way of that gift God has given her.
Sal and I are doing really well. I am discovering a new found love for him. And I am enjoying it. God has shown me areas in my heart that I wasn't paying much attention to. God is showing me the man I married through His eyes. I want to continue to learn to love my husband the way God has called me to, and not settle for less!

1 comment:

Kami said...

i love to see God in my children! So excited to hear how God is working in your family. thanks for sharing. Keep learning and growing.