Friday, August 3, 2007

Italian Family

We got to see and spend some time with relatives this week. Sal's uncle and grandmother were in Charlotte. It was alot of fun. It was great to see everyone interact. Some were cousins and some just friends, but all of them have known each other longer than I'm alive!!!! They were telling jokes in Italian and couldn't even get through them without laughing so hard they were turning beet red and having a hard time catching their breath. It was really fun. We laughed because their laughter was sooooo contagious. I have no idea what the jokes were about....I am sure that for some of them I'm glad I could not understand. Anyway it was a great time. My husband and his sister were reminded of childhood and what it was like growing up with all their family get togethers.


Sal's grandmother is 90 years old and it really is neat to have the opportunity to see her, as well as see his uncle. What a blessing for the kids not only to have their grandparents , but also both great grandmothers as well.
Starting at the top left:
(Sal's mom) Laura, (Sal's dad)...Sal, Anthony (Sal's sister Gabs youngest), and Donovan.
Bottom left:
Robert (Gab's oldest) , Uncle Tony (Sal's dads brother), Samantha, Sal 3, and Italian Nona Maria.

2 comments:

Gabby said...

Look at Grandpa and Donovan together...scarey!!!

Kami said...

WOW! your kids are huge!! Reading your blog always makes me a little sad. I miss our friday nights together.