I had a wonderful thought on sacrificial giving. A challenge, if you will, on the idea of sacrificial giving. Not so much monetarily, although I know there is always room for improvement there as well, but of myself, my time, my invested interests...etc.
As I thought more about the idea or definition of sacrifice it has shed a different light on my perspective of what I consider to be a sacrifice. Shouldn't I strive to put those things that are worthy of being first in their rightful place? How does this then become a sacrifice? When does God's best for me and my time and where I invest myself become a sacrifice? Where does it stop being my joy and my pleasure to do that which He desires?? If I stop and consider those whom have lived lives that we would say were sacrificial they themselves who were living it looked joyful. Glad to be exactly where they were supposed to be. I'm not sure, but I would assume that for the most part their perspective was not weighed down by an idea of giving up anything but rather gaining so much more.
I cannot even pretend that is where I am today, (As I struggle even wanting to get up to go wipe a bottom of a child who is waiting) but it is where I want to be.
3 comments:
hmmm.... convicting.
Thanks for writing such an obviously spirit-led post!!!
( Loved your family picture in that last post that I never commented on. )
I love this...
I still crack up when I realize you guys are friends!! How cool is that? (I am talking about you Mari and Rachel:)
Post a Comment