Friday, May 8, 2009

My Baby's 1!

My sweet Samuel..."asked of God". Born at a whopping 6lbs. For me that was TINY.

This picture was taken almost 2 months after he was born and this is what my babies look like when their born...heeheehee.

A whole year of sweet cuddles, baby kisses, and lots of baby love. It has gone way to fast.

I made him some pancakes this morning...not sure he knew what to do with them. After that we were off to the doctors office. He is no longer the runt of the litter. He weighs 26.4lbs. But his height is even more impressive....he is 31 inches long....that's 2 1/2 feet tall. By 2 he may reach 3 feet tall and that people is half way to 6 feet tall. Ok...Ok...I know slow down. It's just fun to imagine how big their going to get.

Later we went to the pool with some friends and had coooookies! Those he knew exactly what to do with!

He lights up our days and I wonder sometimes at the goodness of my Father to have given me these treasures! I have the amazing privilege and gift of knowing the joys of being a mother. But even greater than that is knowing first hand the love in my heart for my children. A love that desires to protect and is not afraid to offend in order to do so. A love that is willing to let go if it means a greater good for them. A love that causes me to sacrifice in ways I never dreamed capable of doing. A love that at times hurts in places I didn't know were there. A love that requires a balance of strength for the times that challenge and gentleness for the times of suffering. A love that I pray they will see and know. A love that in and of itself will never be enough. For I know that as much as I love them and as much as I desire for them to know my love for them only the love that my Father has for them will be enough.
So my Sweet Samuel I pray that you would one day know the love your Heavenly Father has for you. A love greater than any other!

3 comments:

Gabby said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Sam Sam!
I love you!
Aunt Ggggg-Ggggg (squeeze cheeks)

Sheri said...

So touching!!! Happy 1st Birthday Samuel!! Love those thunder thighs!!

Pauline said...

Glad I got to celebrate it with you guys:)