Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The end is near AGAIN....

Not the laundry...I've given up on that pipe dream! My mission to be laundry free is over. It will never be accomplished and so we will move on to more realistic goals. I'll let you know when I set one. (Right now the only goal I've got is to make it through the day without crying, which I almost did during school today!)
Instead this time it's the end of my rope. It is very, very near. There has been at least one person in our household since Thursday either throwing up or....well you know. Seriously I am going to lose my mind...for real. Just when I think we are on the up, because it's been a safe 48 hours since any one's been sick...someone else gets it. Right now my husband is in bed feeling like death is at his door. I think at one point he was lying on the bathroom floor not wanting to move. Sad very, very sad.
Meanwhile I am dealing with a very, very cranky baby who is nearing the end of my patience. He, too, has had the funk. It started Sunday morning when he threw up and since his diapers have not been the same...heeheeehaha...not so funny! Although his diapers are not very funny trying to feed him the last few days IS. He refuses to eat. Perhaps because he is cutting a whopper of a tooth, or because his stomach has taken a hiatus, or maybe just because it's push mommy to her limits season! Whatever the reason I thought I would illustrate with pictures what it looks like in the highchair the last few days....
As the spoon approaches we get this...
We get closer and I actually think he might open up his mouth....
But instead I get this...

The best is this face....
And this one...he almost looks a little incredulous at my attempts to feed him....A bit irritated...perhaps annoyed. Nevertheless very, very funny looking I must admit.
And I try again...this time the arms join in on the fun (there is definitely some Italian in him)...
Here's a picture of one of the culprits to his unhappiness...
The bulge on the left...can you see it? I'm ready to push it through myself!

7 comments:

Daniel and Sarah Barrett said...

so sorry yall have been sick...I know what you are feeling! love you and miss you so much!

Christy said...

I am so sorry to hear you guys are sick. We have had a time ourselves! Oh and the teeth poking through... right there with ya mama! Zach has two molars buldging and another front one... he's been a mess as well! I will pray you have extra patience tomorrow... that you are peaceful in the height of it all... when the chaos is at a peak... that the Lord would wash over you His peace that passes all understanding!
You are a great mother and a great wife as well... keep it up mama!

Emily said...

Oh Mari...first of all, thankyou for the pictures, he is a stinker! I am praying for you!!
Missed you at Bible study last night! I hear you were home due to some friendly suggestions because of the sickness :) I am sure you probably needed to get out but were held on quarentine! Missed you!!

Gabby said...

Love you Sam Sam!

Pauline said...

Hey, how are you? Hope everyone is feeling better. I love the pictures little Sam. Hey, you should take Sal to this place to fly. I am sure he would LOVE it.

Unknown said...

As Kay Arthur says:
Hangeth Thou in there!!!!
I so remember so much of this stage. It IS survivable :)

Sal said...

I HATE THE STOMACH VIRUS!!!!!

But I love Samuel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!