Today was our last official day of 'home' school for the year of 2008! There are many things that make the sacrifice of teaching the kids at home worthwhile...one of my favorites is the flexibility in scheduling that we have. We are all headed towards a major schooling meltdown, starting with mommy, so we are taking 3 weeks off this month.
Instead of 'school' next week we will be focusing on Christ and his birth. I found a great resource to build a great study on all things pertaining to His birth. From historical facts to the prophecy of His coming to how fundamental His birth and life are to our faith. This weekend I plan on sitting and pulling it all together. Along with that we will be baking cookies and painting and whatever else seems like a fun thing to add to our 'no school' weeks. ;) I bet there will be more learning in the next few weeks than in the last month of math, history, science, reading etc...
3 comments:
I like breaks! I hope we make that ginger-bread house. just thinking about it makes me want to............eat it!!!!
Hey, how are you? The boys had a blast yesterday/today. Did Sal say he had fun? I hope so:)
Hey, can you give me that link to the lap books again-the one for Christmas (the one you were telling me about the other day).
Also, do you still have my pump? I have a friend who is interested in using it. Maybe I can get it sometime this week. Just let me know.Thanks:)
We still have a week left! I can't wait til break! WHOOO HOOO!
Have a great week!
Post a Comment