Thursday, December 18, 2008

Charlie Brown Christmas

The Charlie Brown Christmas pretty much sums it up for me today. I kind of feel like Charlie Brown....a little glum. And I believe Linus said it best...
8In the same region there were some shepherds staying out in the fields and keeping watch over their flock by night.
9And a
n angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were terribly frightened.
10But the angel said to them, "
Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people;
11for today in the city of David there has been born for you a
Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
12"
This will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
13And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, 14"
Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased."
Luke 2:8-14
I am reminded that no matter what the circumstance I have this good news of great joy...A Savior born to die for me. With this as my focus I may be shaken but I will not be moved. I am thankful for my faith and the security I have in it. I have seen people all around me who do not have this faith, even those brought up in church who are still unsure of Christ. His deity and our need of Him for our salvation. I am truly grateful to have my faith and I know God Himself has removed my heart of stone and given me a heart for Him.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Christ the LORD!!! Our savior born to die for us! Great word. Great reminder!
Thanks <><

Tracy said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway! I love Christmas! I can't wait...I hope it snows.

Daniel and Sarah Barrett said...

I love you and am praying for you and Sal...cling to the Savior sent for us...I am excited to see what He has for yall...it will be awesome!