Thursday, November 6, 2008

The end of another week! Wow! Time seems to be going faster and faster. I have a heavy heart and I'm not even really sure why. I can definitely name several things that could be the culprit. But although my heart is heavy I have peace. I am at rest (for the most part). I can't help but stress over small stuff....laundry...bathrooms...vacuuming...dishes...etc. Well really I can help it I just don't place those things where they should go. Anyway.


For history we are doing The Story of the World and this week we covered Moses, the ten plagues, and the Israelites release of captivity from the Egyptians. It was really neat to see the kids interest in it. Throughout the last couple of weeks we have talked about the election and the different opinions and choices of each candidate. Today as we discussed the last plague that God sent to Egypt Salvatore noticed something for himself that was neat to watch. I saw it click for him! We discussed what God required of His people so that they would not be harmed and if they followed the instructions and obeyed their firstborn would remain unharmed. This is where Sal picked up on God's protection of his people. Truth is not falling on deaf ears (sometimes I wonder). He noticed that despite the disobedience of the leader at the time and his disregard for God's will God protected His people. He provided a way out of the plague. I thought that was pretty insightful. And how applicable it was to all that we had discussed these last few weeks. Scripture also states that God hardened Pharaohs heart.


Just as He can harden the hearts of men He can also soften them. My prayer for our nation this week has been that the hearts of the people would be softened towards Christ. That we as God's chosen people would live in such way that those who do not know Him would see Him in our lives. In our love, in our convictions, in our sacrifices, in all that we are and do. That our desire to honor and glorify our Creator and Saviour would supersede all else.


Have a wonderful weekend!
CIAO!

5 comments:

Christy said...

I love to hear when our children do grab on to what Christ is trying to convey through his teachings. That brings a smile to my face... Have a blessed weekend

Pauline said...

I hope you have a great weekend (Don't have too much fun)!!!
How did Samantha like Wednesday night? It seemed like she had a lot of fun. Of course, Riley asked if Samantha could stay over for a sleep over. I told her I would talk to you about it and maybe we can work something out. At first I was thinking, Yeah Sal could come over and have a sleep over too. But then I am thinking, well, Donavan would want to come over too!!! Wow, I guess that is what happens when all our kids are the same age! We will just have to see. Talk to you later.

Daniel and Sarah Barrett said...

Wow--I love that...kudos to you for teaching your kids truth and honesty in the midst of the chaos we are living in...love you!!!!

Tracy said...

Amen! Great lesson learned!
Hope you guys have a great weekend! ;o}

Billie said...

Hey girl,

What a blessing it is when you see your child get what your teaching them, especially when it comes to the word of God. I'm so happy the home schooling is going good for you. What a blessing your giving your children. Keep up the good work. love you

Hope you and the girls have a wonderful safe trip to the cabin. I am so sad I am going to miss out on it. I will talk to you when you get back. Enjoy yourselves.