What a glorious time of year!!! I love the Fall. It is absolutely my favorite time of year! Hands Down! And this weekend we went the mountains of North Carolina and enjoyed the Fall weather there as well as the brilliant colors of fall. I have to say all of my favorite fall colors are wonderfully displayed in the mountains this time of year. There is no better artist than the God Himself. What unmatched beauty. We got to enjoy this in my in-laws cabin....
With an amazing view...which in itself is awesome. But the time there and the amazing view are that much better with this....

and some warm arms to hold me and squeeze!

and some warm arms to hold me and squeeze!
Warm fuzzy Little's to enjoy!
And of coarse the Eskimo baby...It was cold at night. So when we went out we bundled this guy up. He looked so cute....

We made our way down to the creek that is behind the cabin and enjoyed some climbing. Collecting rocks and leaves and the kids threw rocks to see how big of a splash they could make.
I am continuously reminded of all that I have that is from His hand. I am humbled and grateful for His goodness. This weekend was great. We had a really good time enjoying God's creation and each other. Such a sweet season of life!
In case you were wondering...Of course I have a Spanky story. No day would be complete without one! While down by the creek, which runneth over with ever so cold water, I was snapping the pictures.....


One more mom and that's it! Cheese....(note the position in which he stands, his not so innocent smile...and the gap of water between him and the other side...no big deal really except the water was about oh I don't know about 0 degrees?) And then I turn to capture another photo moment...and......Splash....Thud....
OOOHHHH..."you meant don't get in that water...just my foot mom" He jumped...He made it except for his foot. I think the cold water shocked him. I'm glad he was standing there and not somewhere with a wider gap. I believe at that moment he would have jumped across anything. He was watching daddy who was hoping across the rocks. What he does not realize is his size compared to daddy's.
He hurt his foot the next day.....by....jumping! This time he was jumping off the stairs in the basement of the cabin....Again he forgot he is not as big or as old as his brother and his cousin.
On Saturday night Sal's parents, sister and her family came up. On Sunday we went to the woolly worm festival. We had a good time....you can read about that here. I'll just say that Sal tied for first in his race and had to race his worm in a race off...(:
He hurt his foot the next day.....by....jumping! This time he was jumping off the stairs in the basement of the cabin....Again he forgot he is not as big or as old as his brother and his cousin.
On Saturday night Sal's parents, sister and her family came up. On Sunday we went to the woolly worm festival. We had a good time....you can read about that here. I'll just say that Sal tied for first in his race and had to race his worm in a race off...(:
The reason for our getaway was to celebrate Sal's father's Birthday....
The Motley Bunch!
Starting at the top left:
Me, Sal, Samuel, Bob (bro-in-law), Gab (my sis-in law/Sal's sis), Grandma (Sal's mom),
Bottom starting at the left:
Trey (friend of the fam), Salvatore, Chloe (friend of the fam), Spanky, Lil Bob (nephew), Grandpa (Sal's dad), Nina (Samantha), Nino (Anthony my nephew).
We had a great time!










5 comments:
Looks like so much fun.... that cabin is gorgeous... what an awesome view. I am glad you were able to get away and enjoy your family.
Looks like you guys had a great time. I am crying I am going to miss out on the beautiy:( I LOVE all the pictures. Glad it was a good time.
Oh man!!What a beautiful place. I wish I could go with you in two weeks:( But hey, 10 year anniversary is pretty important, I guess. You will have to schedule another one before next summer. This way Billie and I can go too.
See ya
Pauline
Amazing.... I'm in the middle of posting something very similar. I still need to take some pictures. For now, I'm posting the one I took with my phone. This looks like a treasured time!!!!
Love and Miss you all!!
Post a Comment