Thursday, October 9, 2008

My week in pictures...

Monday was as uneventful as a Monday can be. Breakfast...School....Lunch....School...Stuff....Dinner....and early to bed. Because Tuesdays are a different story. Tuesdays and Thursdays are swim days and I am up at 5:45am! I am NOT a morning person. I never have been. I do not believe I will ever be a morning person. You may be wondering how not being a morning person works with little ones. They must know that mommy is not a morning person (Hmm..I wonder what gave that away?) because they don't wake me up. Actually they make very obvious efforts at being quiet. "SSSHHH. Let's go play in the playroom..." Is what I will hear, in a not so quiet whisper, most mornings.
So Tuesday morning I reluctantly rolled my very tired self out of my ever so comfortable bed. Got myself ready and proceeded to wake the littles. I must have indulged a little longer than I thought in their warm cheeks. When we made in downstairs it was already 6:25am. (Have you ever noticed how incredibly warm and chewy kids cheeks are when they first wake up. A rosy color and marshmallow like texture....MMMMM) Anyway...we get downstairs and I start the breakfast drill...."Lets go! Eat! You have 2 minutes to finish that". I know a little unreasonable to expect them to finish in 2 minutes...but they get it down in about 5 when they have a time limit. As they are finishing the shoes drill begins..."Sal do you have your shoes on?" "yes mom"
"Nina get your shoes" "OK, Mom". "Spanky get your shoes" "Yea"
"Does everybody have their shoes?"
"I'm going to get the baby everybody get your shoes and your swim bag and get in the car..."
And off we go. This particular morning I was lost in thought and past the exit...thankfully the next exit gets me to the College where we meet too.
Park the car. Start the unloading process. Get the stroller. Remind the kids to get their bags. Lets go. I turn to make sure the doors are shut and the kids are following close behind. I get a glimpse of the feet......

"Donovan....Where are your shoes?" He turns around to look in the car as if somehow magically they would be there.
"Mom, you only gave me socks." Mind you all their shoes sit in individual drawers in the front closet so they can find them when it is time to go. Not this morning. I guess he's not a morning person either.

"Hey Nina...Where are Spanky's shoes?"

"Samuel, Have you seen his shoes?"
"What shoes?" "Spanky?" "Where's my milk?"
"Ha! That's funny mom!"
"Its all good mom!"
I wonder what the moms at our swimming group must think about the Brazilian crazy with 4 kids. I sometimes wish I was a fly on the wall in my own life! I'd probably get a good laugh!

This one's just in here for fun...My Nina! She's so sweet!

We went to the park on Wednesday...little guy can do the monkey bars. Each one grows faster than the last!
By the way, swimming went without any major hitches today.

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Cool pictures;) Hey, can you send me those pictures of Jesse and his catapillar? Thanks:)
Pauline

Tracy said...

That's too funny about the shoes. We went to church one Sunday and as I was getting out of the car Ethan informed me that he didn't have his shoes. :o{ What? How could you get in the car, drive 15 minutes to church and not realize you forgot your shoes?
I have so been there.