Monday, September 1, 2008

I did it!!

Well I have read enough about really saving at the grocery store and other places...and have had a secret mission/goal of being able to get the hang of it.
Well CVS has this reward program that gives back ECB's (as they are called by the CVS'ers) if you plan it right you walk out with a slaughter and pay minimal to nothing! Well I did it@!!!!
I have to say it was fun! I walked out of the store with:
1 Infants Advil
1 CVS brand mouthwash (this was free with a coupon from CVS)
1 dawn dish soap (11oz)
2 Colgate total advantage 40z
2 Crest 6.2 oz
1 cover girl lip gloss
1 trident gum
AND I PAID A WHOPPING $1.57!!!!

Can I tell you I felt like I was getting away with something....but it is all legitimate!
I had two $5 printouts in CVS ECB's and I used one of those and the coupon for a free mouthwash to pay for the advil (the advil gave me $5.79 in ECB's back) and mouthwash...and paid $.94. And then bought the dawn, toothpaste (I had a rain check for a previous sale on crest $.99), lip gloss, and gum. I had coupons for each toothpaste and the dawn and I used the rest of my CVS ECB's (totaling $10.79) and paid $.63!
The colgate toothpaste gave $2.00 in ECB's back for each one. The lip gloss gave back $5.99. So I have $9.99 in ECB's for my next CVS hold-up!
WOOHOO! That was fun....I spent $1.57 and I have $9.99 free money to play with!!
I can't wait for next weeks ad!!!

4 comments:

Tutich said...

You go Momma!!

Christy said...

wow, i am not one to be good at clipping and actually using! You go!
let us know about next weeks.

Kami said...

Hey there big saver. Been thinking about you guys a lot lately. Trust all is well.

Tracy said...

WOW! I am trying to be a better coupon clipper....that's great!