I am waiting for my computer to install some kind of updates that I have no idea why I decided to start now! Anyway...hopefully it will make this wonderful piece of technology actually work the way it is supposed to. So as I sat here I thought "post"...why not?!?
I don't know how to summarize the last couple of days...maybe heavy is a good word?
I am ever so thankful for how God rescued me from myself and the grip of sin. To think of where my life could have been had I been left to my own demise...HMMM...
I started my week (wow that was only yesterday it feels so much longer than that) at our ladies ranch. I am still beyond humbled that God is allowing me to go there and share His goodness. What a privilege, honor and great responsibility. I am so thankful to Him for this for so many reasons, first and foremost it has to be the reminder. A reminder of how lonely and empty life is without Christ. How we will fill our lives with anything and everything to try and complete that which only He can. When I got there I found that another one of the ladies had left. In this ministry unfortunately this is pretty common. Not to many stay and complete the program. But last night it really broke me. I tried to fight the tears to no avail. To know this young woman was so close to the freedom we can have in Christ. She walked. She's not the first and unfortunately she won't be the last. If my heart continues to be softened and God places us in ministry then I am sure that brokenness like this will be common. This particular sin is one that hits a deeper chord for me for many reasons. It's hard to put words to it. I am still thankful and in a good place...maybe a good word might be burdened. Burdened for the lost. I have to say once we prayed and got started it was awesome! God is so faithful. I love seeing Him put it together and how perfect it is when at just the right time His word will encourage, exhort and lift these ladies closer to the freedom that is in Him. I will pray that those who have left will long for the love of Christ that I pray they experienced in this ministry.
And then today at swimming I sat next to one of the mothers. Our conversation was good...church came up and I found out she's a Jehovah's witness. My first thought was "OK Jesus I'm not sure I can do this conversation I got up at 5AM....give me words. PLEASE."
It was fine. But yet again I was burdened for her. She shared with me that the bible talks about satan blinding people...I said "Oh yes I agree" and thought " you sweet woman he has deceived you". I will have a year of swimming with this group and I am not sure what God is going to do.
I am so glad I know my Savior lives. I am certain of my salvation and know I do not have to work for it. His gift to me! OK 11:30 pm...way past bed time and my computer is done.
2 comments:
I would have loved to hear that conversation! I may be at swimming practice next week...LOL
Wow,
I know how that is, I used to work right beside a lady who was a jehovah's witness... and yes, it is so sad how satan has decieved them. I will be pryaing for you and for your relationship with this woman. I am sure the Lord placed you with that group for this purpose. I found that with Cindy (the lady I worked with) the best thing for me to do was just show her the Love of Christ by praying for her, and also by trying to live by example. Yes, we did have some great conversations... but ultimately I wanted her to know that not only the community of people she "worshiped" with, but others loved her as well. JW's are very much people who have felt abandoned and lost... and they get together with the other JW's because they truely are a community... it's so amazing how much they support one another. So I tried to love and support and have community with Cindy. Hopefully she will one day find our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ... and I pray the same for the woman you have met through swimming lessons.
Be blessed,
christy
call me sometime that you have a minute... 704-995-0373
Post a Comment