Thursday, May 8, 2008

PHOTOS OF SAMUEL!!!!







Hello All,
Thank you all for your prayers....they were answered by the Lord!
Samuel Alexander Fontana came into the world this Thursday afternoon (5/8).
He is 18.5" long and weighs 6 lbs.

He was 4 weeks early thus the need for prayer.
He is just fine...their were no complications and we should be taking him home on Saturday.
Mari is also doing well.

What a trooper my wife is...about two hours before birth the Epidural wore off and was having problems with its drip. The induced contractions were frequent and very painful.
Their was not time for another Epidural as Samuel was ready to be birthed.
So, my wife very bravely birthed our newest addition!

I came home to get the children from our loving neighbors house (THANK YOU SO MUCH BILLY & JERRY) and we are all heading back to the hospital to see mom and Samuel.

Above are some early photos of the little bugger!
Mari will update this soon as she can.
Much love,
Daddy Sal

8 comments:

Gabby said...

O'MY I SEE LITTLE SAL (I REALLY MEAN AUNT G.G.-JK)...WOW HE LOOK TINY...OR SHOULD I SAY "HE CAN WEAR 0-3 MO. CLOTHES LONGER THAN ANY OTHER FONTANA BABY"-LOL CAN'T WAIT TO HOLD HIM! I'M HERE WHEN YOU NEED ME.
-G

Eve said...

Mari, congratulations! It was such a blessing to hear how awesome Samuel is doing. Daniel, Andrew, and I have been praying for you today. The boys are so excited for Sal and Samantha. We will continue to pray for your recovery and that Samuel will do what the biblical Samuel and Jesus did, "And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the Lord and with men." (1Sam2:26) "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men." (Luke2:52)
Blessings on the whole Fontana family,
Eve Craft (and the gang)

UncleFloridaBobby said...

Congrats! He is adorable!! He looks like Chi Chi!!
We can't wait to meet him. :)
~Sam & Robert

AVO48 said...

I am crying he looks like Thiago swett;gentle;white and blue eyes...
That face it's not the first time i see it...My God...
WELCOME TO OUR LIVES!!!
WE WILL LOVE YOU DEARLY.
AVO

Tutich said...

How precious!! What a joy that you get to experience what a "little" baby is like! My first thought was that he looked like little Sal too! You're an awesome mom and dad!! Congrats!
The Tutich's!

Kami said...

how precious! Thanks for all the updates. Enjoy the little guy. As you well know they don't stay little forever!

Billie said...

Mari & Sal what a blessing to have such a handsome LITTLE guy to add to your bunch. I am so blessed to know you guys and to be able to go through this with you, thank you for sharing that with me. I can't wait to get my hands on him. I am so exicted for you and the kids. God is wonderful even when we dought thank God for a healthy safe delivery. We love you guys and can't wait to see all of you.

Congratulations!!!!!!

The Denslinger's

Mari Torres said...

Mari, Sal and kids:

He is absolutely beautiful!! He does look like Chi Chi. I am so proud of you guys that I am crying. Your mom had tried to send me the blog address without success and now I finally got in. You guys are awesome!! You are an example to follow of God's work. Mari, I wish I could have been there at your shower but as your mom told you it was my nices first communion and Hugo father was at a weekend retreat all weekend long. The kids and I finally saw him at mass on Sunday at 8:00pm. It was a hectic weekend. I am so happy for you guys though. I wish we could be a little closer so we could see each other more often. When we go to NC to see Hugo's family we pass the Columbia SC exit on I 95 and I always say that is where Mari and Sal live. Well, hopefully one day soon. Please be sure to tell me when you will be in Miami the next time. We go to NC on Thanksgiving and Spring Break. Maybe we could see you then also. Well, I want you to know we love you guys. We need to have another NC mountain vacation soon like we did that one year in Franklin. We really enjoyed the smores and all.

God Bless you and your beautiful family. Love, Mari