Being pregnant makes me especially emotional and introspective. Yesterday I started thinking about life and death and the long journey that this life is. And how devastatingly sad it would be to reach the latter half of life and not have a hope. To live this life from moment to moment with no eternal goals or vision....Truly sad. Yet so many people do it. They get to the end and alot are alone and have nothing to look forward to.... Or to face the inevitable challenges and suffering that this life will present without a true counselor and peace that can only come from Christ...
In the past week I have seen a friend lose her mother at the age of 51 to cancer, and another friend (with three preschoolers) is temporarily without her husband because he is in a program to deal with some issues... And this doesn't even scratch the surface of the things that people are facing daily... I am truly thankful both my friends have Christ and can experience His peace and His love and strength in there trials.... It added to the unsettling thought of all the people I know that don't have this hope...
2 comments:
It is better to go into a house of mourning than a house of feasting. There is no bad tom e fr introspection
Hey Mari:) How are you? We should get together soon. When is a good time for you to sneak away for coffe(me) or hot chocolate?(you)? Or whatever you like:) Havn't seen you at Wal Mart lately:)
Talk soon...
Post a Comment