Sunday, September 23, 2007

Here are a few quotes I thought were encouraging:

Life is too short and we have scarcely begun to live when we are called to die.

C.H. Spurgeon

Live in such a way that any day would make a suitable capstone for life. Live so that you need not change your mode of living, even if your sudden departure were immediately predicted to you.

C.H. Spurgeon

Carve your name on hearts, not on marble.

C.H. Spurgeon

BY perseverance, the snail reached the ark.

C.H. Spurgeon

He knows when we are spiritually ready to receive His blessings to our profit and His Glory.
Waiting in the sunshine of His love is what will ripen the soul. Be assured that if God waits longer than you could wish, it is only to make the blessing doubly precious. God waited four thousand years, till the fullness of time, before He sent His Son. Our times are in His hands; He will not delay one hour too long.

Andrew Murray

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey girl! Thankyou so much for your encouraging post on my blog! Your words really spoke to my heart. I have been wanting to call you to go over the homework, but each day slips away before I know it! I have been plugging along but I really am interested in some stuff I missed. Are you available tom. night for a phonecall?(Monday) sometime after 8:00. If you read this before then, let me know, otherwise I will probably just call and see! Thankyou so much!
I think we were sitting next to Sal today at church. Doesn't he have a long beard?
Anyways, talk soon!