I had started a post on my comparison of this life to running. As I was reading and editing I realized...."just hush Mari you know too little about running and much less about this life to even try and compare the two!" So instead I will tell of the things I do know: my Nina bear!
She turned 7 yesterday! She decorated her own cake this year. I think it turned out great. Very reflective of her personality.



LOVE IT!
On each of their birthdays I instinctively become nostalgic. I assume that most parents do. In that place of remembering I thought of my pregnancy and Nina's birth and her life so far. I remembered the choosing of her name. I always wanted a girl name that could be shortened like Samantha/Sam. We decided on Samantha after looking in a baby name book with name meanings. After learning what it meant we were convinced Samantha was the name.
Samantha means "one who listens". When I read it I remember jokingly telling Sal that perhaps this would mean that she would be very obedient. We are working on that one everyday, she's 7. ;) But yesterday as I remembered this I realized that she does have a heart for listening. Of all the kids she is the most compassionate. She 'listens' to others problems and responds. She is the first to offer what is hers to meet the needs of others. This, along with so many other beautiful traits and gifts that God has graciously given my Nina bear, is why I am so proud to be her mommy!
She is a gift from God to us. The pink in a lot of blue! (Even though pink is no longer her favorite color)
As the day was winding down yesterday and we were driving home from taking one of her friends home she took my hand and said, "Mom, isn't it sad?" I asked, "Isn't what sad?" Her reply, "Well mom, that I'm almost 8?!"
HAHAHAHAHA!

My Nina is awesome!
4 comments:
Flash back: I remember calling you on the phone when Nina was first born and hearing her cry and cry and cry! Nina cried ALL the time!!! You thought she'd NEVER stop crying!
Enjoy her!...and don't blink!
She's so cute in that picture in the tree! Send her to Texas!
The sad part is we are almost.......
Happy Birthday Nina!! I miss you and wish RiRi would have been able to come to your party. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and look forward to seeing you soon.
Love you,
Ms. Pauline
Post a Comment