We spent the day yesterday figuring out if Spanky needed a cast or a splint. Well the verdict was a full arm cast. A fracture to his elbow where they felt the best choice was to immobilize his arm completely. We go back in four and a half weeks to get it off. As you can tell he is wearing his cast as a badge of honor.
As we were walking out of the orthopedics office he looked up at me and with a very large smile and sense of accomplishment he says:
"Mom I can't believe I got my first cast!"
My reply..."Sweetheart...your only cast right?"
He smiled!
This is our first injury any of the kids have gotten that required anything besides some ice and a band aid. I was in a sense expecting that would be the extent of our injuries...but I guess I am now in the official 'Mommy of Boys Club'.
They all seem to think it's cool. They are so very supportive of him...it's sweet!
4 comments:
When they cut it off he might want to keep it...LOL
how did that happen? i guess im in that club too... haha, although it happened to my girl. hope it heals quickly.
He fell trying to jump off of a toy to get to the b-ball rim. He grabbed the net and then fell on the concrete landed on his elbow.
Does it hurt? He looks pretty cool! So are you still going to Miami?
Post a Comment