Prayer, communion with God. Time spent sharing my heart with Him. Asking for His mercy, healing and grace. Bringing my requests and supplication to Him and asking for His hand to move in those areas of life that need help. All good. Definitely nice to know that I have God in my corner and that I have direct access to the Creator of the universe. And I believe I have come to a place where I do trust His sovereignty, but as I have pondered prayer this week and desiring to hear His voice I have realized something. I only really want to hear His voice and trust it in some areas. In so many other areas I do not practice complete submission. I may even pray about those areas of my life and heart, but I don't really wait for His voice because I don't want to relinquish control over those things. Perhaps a fear of having to lay them down...my security blankets if you will. It feels safer to hold on to it and ask Him to fix it the only way I can see it fixed (Funny how I think that I have a better solution than the One who hung the stars). I do not really fully trust that whatever He would chose would be best.
Ecclesiastes 5:1-2
"Guard your steps as you go to the house of God and draw near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools; for they do not know they are doing evil.
Do not be hasty in word or impulsive in thought to bring up a matter in the presence of God. For God is in heaven and you are on earth; therefore let your words be few."
Oh my feeble self....do I trust what I can see from where I sit here on earth? Will it cause me to be impulsive and hasty in word or deed? Or will I trust Him Who sits on the throne in heaven and has full view of all He has planned. The beginning and the end!
My inability to hear His voice when I ask for direction may very well be that I don't want to. In my heart I have already purposed that I am not willing to submit to His leading. I am not trusting it. As if I have a better plan!
I want the faith of a child that knows my Daddy's got me....
Trusting and submitting knowing that my Daddy loves me!
1 comment:
Isn't it funny how we "humans" are. We say (or should I say"I") we want to listen yet we put our ear plugs in when it comes to God's answer- the answer we don't want to hear.
I want to hear God's voice. Even if I don't like the answer.
Where is bible study tomorrow? We can have it hear if that would help. Just let me know! Also, you want to scrap this week?
Post a Comment