Saturday's the big day...Sal will walk graduation. I am a bit incredulous....but ever so grateful to finally be here as a family(In one piece and still functioning!). He has one more paper to finish and 1 more final to study for and he's done!
What I really find amazing and just awesome is how at peace with what's next I am. We don't have a what's next in view, nothing, not even a possibility of something. I would most certainly have expected to be in major turmoil over that, but instead I have a reassuring peace. I have always known that God has it all in view all the time, but I am rarely ever OK much less at peace with not knowing at least some of that view. Yet, only because I know God is doing it, I am more than OK with nothing. Normally I would be very uneasy about what Sal may or may not be thinking or how active or non-active he may be in pursuing whatever is next. Instead I am learning to trust HIM.
Yes, it is essentially a basic principle of faith. We put our trust in Christ. Even when first choosing Him as our Lord and Savior....but it is taking a much needed deeper root in my heart. For many reasons I put my trust in what I see and can control. And will often take a very active roll in making sure that whatever the situation it is trustworthy, or should I say I will take the situation into my control. Which is very much not trustworthy...I can make a real mess of things!
For 6 years I have tried and tried to figure our what's next. I have cried and worried and been anxious, but now at the end of this season of school when I most expected to be scrambling I am trusting. So today I am very thankful for that peace. Trusting in HIS sovereignty and knowing that He has plans for us no longer wanting to make those plans on my own.
What I really find amazing and just awesome is how at peace with what's next I am. We don't have a what's next in view, nothing, not even a possibility of something. I would most certainly have expected to be in major turmoil over that, but instead I have a reassuring peace. I have always known that God has it all in view all the time, but I am rarely ever OK much less at peace with not knowing at least some of that view. Yet, only because I know God is doing it, I am more than OK with nothing. Normally I would be very uneasy about what Sal may or may not be thinking or how active or non-active he may be in pursuing whatever is next. Instead I am learning to trust HIM.
Yes, it is essentially a basic principle of faith. We put our trust in Christ. Even when first choosing Him as our Lord and Savior....but it is taking a much needed deeper root in my heart. For many reasons I put my trust in what I see and can control. And will often take a very active roll in making sure that whatever the situation it is trustworthy, or should I say I will take the situation into my control. Which is very much not trustworthy...I can make a real mess of things!
For 6 years I have tried and tried to figure our what's next. I have cried and worried and been anxious, but now at the end of this season of school when I most expected to be scrambling I am trusting. So today I am very thankful for that peace. Trusting in HIS sovereignty and knowing that He has plans for us no longer wanting to make those plans on my own.
4 comments:
Can't wait to see where God leads your family!..hopefully not far:)
Sal and Donovan were showin' some sweet brotherly love during worship on Sunday:) Very cute!
Congrats to Sal!! Finally, I know it seems like forever-but the day has come and God does have something in store for your family. Love you guys!
What a hard, and yet incredible journey you guys have walked together. I know that through all of this, the Lord has HIS plan. Congradulate Sal for our family... that is a great accomplishment... and to you, keep trustin'. God surely has all of you in the right place in HIS timing. God bless you guys!
Holla(r)
christy
WE are so blessed when we trust rather than worry. I do hope that PEACE stays with you each day :)
Post a Comment