Sal's kindness yesterday was not over with my card....he wanted to show his love to his dad. My husband worked last night and when he got home he was hungry! I was busy getting the kids ready for bed and Sal was in the kitchen with his dad...saying their hello's and good night's.
The microwave sounded letting them know that the food was hot and ready....Daddy went to get out of his work clothes and asked Sal (who was now accompanied by his brother...Spanky) to get his food from the microwave and set it on the table.
(This is where I will take creative liberties and re-create the scene in the kitchen)
INSERT LITTLE RASCALS THEME SONG HERE
Sal: "Hey Donovan, let's season daddy's chicken pot pie so it is spicy like he likes it.."
Spanky: "YEA! That would be great!"
Sal: "Yea he would like it better for sure"
Spanky: Let's check the pantry"
Sal: "OK"
Sal: "HMMMMM...This looks good. It's probably spicy"
Spanky: "Yea Awesome. Make sure you put enough on there"
Sal: "OK"
They were done and went on up to their rooms...In the meantime daddy was done getting dressed and made his way downstairs. I came down to get something and asked him why the kitchen smelled like mouthwash????
He did not know and thought it was probably something the kids did....hmm????
Daddy proceeded to sit down....took his spoon and took a decent size bite of his warm chicken pot pie. Just as it hit his mouth and he was able to taste it......He spit it out and yelled...."WHAT IN THE WORLD IS IN THIS STUFF?????!!!!"
I was a little offended at first...and then we realized what had happened.
INSERT THEME SONG AGAIN
Daddy and I: "SAAAALLLLL....DOOONOOOVAAAN"
Boys: "what?"
Us: "come HERE! PLEASE!!"
Boys: "OK"
Dad: "Did you put something in my food?"
Boys: "yea.."
Dad: "What?"
Boys: "MINT....To make it spicy for you"
Yes mint extract in the chicken pot pie....hmm. Appetizing HUH?
3 comments:
Oh my word! That is the funniest story!!!!! They are such sweet kids!
I'm getting a mental picture!...hehe!...to funny!...GREAT!
That is too funny! I love it... just trying to make things better for daddy! ha! I would have loved to have been there to see Daddy Sals reaction when he took that bite!
Post a Comment