Monday, December 8, 2008

Forgiveness

On a daily basis I am in a position where I am having to ask for forgiveness and in some occasions it is someone else who is asking me for forgiveness. I take for granted how easily I come to my Father and ask for forgiveness. When others have hurt me and are needing my forgiveness it is very common for me to want to hang on to my hurt for some time before actually choosing to forgive them. Yesterday I was convicted of this.....this is always fun. I do not like to be wrong especially when it did not start out that way....I mean I was the one who was wronged...funny how my sinful little self can make it so that I need to apologize for my sin (told you it was fun). But how freeing to continue to grow in my understanding of how God's forgiveness works. His forgiveness is complete and because of the cross I do not have to work for that forgiveness. He is not counting my wrongs and keeping a tally. I can come to Him and know that the moment I confess and repent of my wrong its done!!! Finished and gone. Immediately...no hard feelings. I am learning to apply these same principles to the forgiveness I give others. Not an easy feat for sure but so rewarding. I want to be able to give that same immediate forgiveness that God so graciously gives me.

1 comment:

Christy said...

That is always a great lesson. Forgivness is a hard one... although I don't know of any lesson that is easy! I am so thankful that the Lord is not finished with us yet!