Well, there have been a couple of things (well more than a couple) rattling around in my brain and so I thought I would unload them here. You can stop reading if your not interested....I totally understand. But for my own sake I'll pretend somebody is reading on. So here goes....
First. Abortion/Murder. When did it even become an issue up for debate. As far as I know God all mighty is the Author of life. Not man. Do I make a choice to breath while I am asleep? No. Do I control whether or not I see another day?...No. So when exactly did it become the choice of man or woman to decide if the life growing inside someone should be terminated/killed? And that it would be debated the way that it is. GOD IS SLOW TO ANGER. Yet the day will come when we will answer for the lives of the unborn. HMM....
Second. For the last several weeks God has been showing me how important the way I carry myself is. At all times. There are eyes watching and they are watching CLOSELY. Not just my husband and children...although they are the toughest by far. But others, even other Christians. First and foremost my disobedience causes division between God and myself. And secondly it can have such an impact on those who are watching. Believers and non. One poor decision, an area of disobedience and I can totally mess up my witness. I carry the name of Jesus. I am His representative. Oh how easy it is to forget that I was not created for me!
One more thing and I will stop here...because quite honestly I don't even want to hear myself at this point....but I really want to get it off my chest. Why are we so clicky??? As believers we are all one body, united by one spirit and called to one purpose. So why do we divide into groups? I'm not talking about church either. Everyday life. I am having the hardest time meshing with a certain group. It has been so hard not to just come out and ask them what it is about me that is not up to par? And if maybe they served a different Jesus, who perhaps gave them an extra helping of Grace that I did not receive? And for those of you who know me you know that keeping my mouth shut is definitely a thing of the Holy Spirit! But instead I am learning to extend grace and love even when I do not see it being extended in return. Perhaps that is exactly where I need to be and exactly what I need to be learning! HMM...
If any one hung on for that...Thanks and that's all folks!
5 comments:
OH Mari,
girl I share in the same struggles as you do. As far as learning to keep my mouth shut... and when I don't keep it shut, to shower things I say in love. I am right there with you... clicks are for middle and highschool... sometimes people are still stuck in that mind set, you will win I promise... your heart is in the right place just keep pluggin' in to Christ and He will win them all over!
Love you,
christy
Oh Mari
I so don't want to be in your mind it is a scary place girl lol. You know I am saying that with love and gentalness. You know me, I am so there about the abortion issue. Being an adoptive parent if you don't want the child don't have sex or put up for adoption there are sooooo many families out there that would love to have a child. You are right people are watching and judging and we are to walk in the manner worthy of the Lord. Thanks to you and others I am learning that. I know hard to believe. lol But as hard as it is we are to watch what we do and say but we are human and thank God he is a forgiving God. I hate to say but as humans and we are not always forgiving. It is so funny that you say something about others be clickish. I so experienced that recently and so wanted to leave but was saved by some other's who are not like that. Your right it doesn't have to be just in the Church but also outside the body. But when you experience it within the body it makes it hard to understand. We need to pray for the body to be one. Mari, I believe God is working with you and going to do wonders with you. Keep up the good work. BUT I still don't want to be in your head. lol I love you.
Hey thanks for visiting my site and entering the giveaway! Good luck!
Angie
"Nana's Box"
I am with ya on the abortion. My mother was rapped by a 35 year old man whom she was babysitting for when she was just 17. He came home drunk and had his way with her. She was not dating anyone, so imagine the shock of her family when she told them she was pregnant. I am the product of that rape. My mom met a man when I was about 9 months old and they dated for a few years, got married when I was 5. He adopted me and is the only father I have ever known. My mother has openly shared with me the struggles she went through. Not only was she an unwed mother, but her own family was in the midst of bankruptcy. My grandparents owned a resteraunt that was going under, my grandmother was also pregnant at the same time as my mom and my great grandfather was sick with cancer and living with them. He ended up dying before I was born. My mom refused to go on welfare and has shared stories with me of the days that she went without food when I was just a baby. She has shared the stories with me of how tough it was for and She knew she could of had an abortion. In fact, she was offered a job with a modeling agency if she would abort me. My mom later had my brother and she had no more children. I know that she would not change a thing...since she chose to keep me, she got a whole boat load of grandbabies! There are millions of woman out there who have taken the brave step she took. They chose to keeptheir babies despite tough life situations. It really burns me when I hear someone say..woman should be aloud to abort when they were raped. BAbies concieved in rape are still blessings from God.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Love the way you talk about abortion. I think the same way,but sometimes dont know how to express it. Keep praying those friends will love like Christ.... its hard to understand the clicks... its all over though unfortunately. Keep being yourself!
Post a Comment