Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hunger like never before

What a great time of learning! I enjoyed this weekends time in God's word so very much. I attended a conference held at a local church. Kay Arthur was the speaker. I have taken a few of the precept courses and have learned so much with them. More importantly the word of God is taking a very different place in my life and heart. I love Jesus. That part has always come easy. He died for me, to ransom me. Rescued me from a very dark place. I love God, God sent Him for me and always knew of His plan to send salvation for the world. I have always known and felt His word is important and necessary for life. But only recently am I developing a genuine LOVE, and very strong desire to know it. I want to know all that He has to say to me. His word is coming alive to me in so many new ways. I want to know Him like never before. My heart is hungry for His truth. His words. His wisdom. My prayer the last couple of days has been for a very tight leash. I want discipline when necessary. I want for my Father in heaven to keep me near. I do not want to stray. I love where I am. I know that my days will be filled with the challenges that have so many times caused me to lose focus. But I want quick correction.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful place! I too do Precept studies. I have been for a little of four years now. I LOVE to dig deep into the Word alongside Kay's teaching. This is a wonderful thing to be praying for yourself.
Thanks for sharing!
R <><

Pauline said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know that we don't have church tonight. They are setting up for Fall festival so everything is canceled. I meant to tell you last night, but I forgot!!
GREAT lesson last night. It was AWSOME!!

See ya,
Pauline

Pauline said...

You want to try to get together sometime soon? I know Joel was upset that we did not have church tonight because he doesn't get to play with Sal. (Is that a good reason to be upset? I don't know!)
Anyway, lets try to get the kids together soon and maybe we could have another girls night out and talk about the American Girls club.I would really like to do it with the girls.