My mom is at home resting. She went to the urgent care and they checked her blood pressure for a little while. It was high but made its way down. They sent her home and will be monitoring it for the next week to see if she needs to be medicated. It scared us!
Salvatore was the one to answer the phone...needless to say he was pretty scared. It provided some amazing teaching moments. He saw me shaken up and that shook him up more. I knew in my heart that this was a great window moment for him to see my faith in action. His eyes were on mom. He was looking for encouragement, strength, reassurance. As hard as I tried to stay away from him so that I would not cause him to worry any more the worse it was. He kept following me :)....I pulled him close and told him it was OK to be scared. We both cried and I reassured him that although we did not know how Avo (my mom) was that God was in control. Through his tears he said "If something happens to Avo mom I know I will see her in heaven." I said.."that's for sure". I held him and told him that no matter what God is always good and in control...what a gift!
I cannot deny that growth scares me, both for myself and my children, but the moments although painful are rewarding in ways I cannot put into words. And they leave me wanting more, more for me and for my kids. I desire for their faith to be deeply rooted, that they will not waiver in the storms this life will bring.
3 comments:
These moments are great teachable moments for us mothers. I know it is hard to hear a mother is in need of help and you are not there to help her... but as you said God is in control... We will continue to keep her in our prayers and please do continue to update us on what is going on. How did the monitoring go?
Hope you guys have a great day today.
christy
So glad to hear your mother is doing better. Please keep us updated. You are doing such an amazing job teaching your children Christ's love.
I was praying all day yesterday and this morning...I will continue to do so...let me know if you need me for anything more...
Post a Comment