Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I love God's word....
I'm reading Max Lucado's Traveling Light (in my free time (: ) In it he takes Psalm 23 and breaks it down. Maybe one day I will be able to read a passage like this and write a 18 Chapter book...lol.
I see Psalm 23 in a whole new light. I also learned something really interesting...
About shepherding and a Shepherd's job....The best way to higher ground and new feeding locations is through the valleys....vs.4 "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and staff they comfort me." Once at new feeding grounds it needs to be prepared...Vs.5 "You prepare a table for me in the presence of mine enemies..."
The Shepherd's job is to secure the location. He needs to look for possible dangers such as wolves, coyotes, bears....but most interesting the adder. A small brown snake whose bite can lead to infection and sometimes death. The shepherd finds the snake holes and pours oil in them to keep the snake from being able to get out and also puts oil on the sheep's nose in order to repel the snake.I wonder (knowing how dumb sheep are) how many times they go back to the place where the hole is?? Sometimes getting near the danger of this snakes attack and not knowing it, others just going back to the same place out of habit??
I loved seeing the correlation Max Lucado made to when Jesus prepared the table for the disciples at passover.
I enjoying seeing how God's word will always point in the direction of Christ!-

1 comment:

sarah said...

this is one of my favorite books!!!