First School.....Well I can tell you we have not started at 7:30am like I had hoped. But we have fared well anyways. It is going pretty good. I really can't complain. Occasional complaints from the eldest but besides that its good. Samantha is doing awesome with reading but says she likes her math better. Donovan is loving the math book that we never used last year with Samantha. He is flying through it and he is the one to pull it off the shelf. "Mommy lets do my math book." After a page or two I'm ready to quit....not him. Its encouraging.
With Sal I am going to go back to the drawing board a little. I have him working solo a lot and I think if I can be more involved in some of it he might do better.
Second the baby and sleeping......well we had 2 nights of 9-6...and then....all gone! The last 2 nights he is back to waking up at 3:30-4:00am. I have tried to let him cry it out a little to see if he would go back to sleep. No luck. Last night it was a sweet time...I used my awake time a prayed for a few people God put on my heart. This has had some play on our school start time....its OK though...remember this will most likely be the year I learn immense flexibility!
Also I've learned that he has salmonella...yes salmonella. You might be wondering...How does a baby get salmonella? Well I don't know. None of us has had any problem...but I guess we could have come in contact with it and not have been affected??? Who knows. He's doing OK....just some fun for mom with diapers.
Third Samantha started gymnastics with a local gym where they offer a class for homeschoolers during the day at a discounted cost! She loved it...I have to admit I really enjoyed watching her.
Fourth Donovan's ear.....we had our ENT appointment today. He will have to have surgery to correct the hole in his ear drum. It will not heal on its own so at some point it needs to be surgically repaired. Sal and I have decided to go ahead and get it done. It will probably be in the next couple of weeks. I will keep everyone posted.
And lastly Sal (daddy) starts school back up tonight....so here we go. Our (yes, our, I get more work too you know) last 2 semesters....Lord willing!
That's all folks!
3 comments:
Hey Mari,
Wow, I will be praying for your children. I will be praying for Donovan, I know that going through surgery is sometimes a very stressful thing for a mother especially... that motherly insticnt and all kicks in. We wish we could go through it for them. I am also still praying for the sleep with Samuel, I am sure soon enough he will be sleeping through the night. I wish I lived closer so I could help you with the kids when you are having a tired day. I know that is such a help to me when someone steps in to help.
I was just hanging out with Emily this weekend and it was great for me to learn the correct pronunciation of your name. Wish I could have met you there. Glad to hear all these updates!
R <><
Hey Mari! Wow! What a list of new stuff going on! I can't wait to catch up with you some more. So glad school s going well :) Talk soon!
Post a Comment