Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Failed my sugar test!!!

O.K. I totally have NO self control when it comes to sugar...most of you know that! But "come on mari" couldn't I just sacrifice for a morning....I could not go without a glass of milk this morning or an enormous bowl of ice cream last night....oh about 10PM! So this morning I go in for my glucose test at the ob/gyn and the cut off is 140 and I scored a lovely 144! Just over, sooooo I get to go back in a take a 3 hour test! What fun. The nurse reassured me that it is not likely that I have gestational diabetes. If I was prone to it I would have most likely already had it with one of the first three. I have realized that my sugar intake has been excessive lately and I need to get it under control. So this will help, good wake up call!
So besides the regular visits that are every two weeks now I get to go in for an extra three hour appointment....all par for the course...

3 comments:

Trail Rated said...

Im on a diets that doesn't let me snack on anything but fruits and veggies. I didn't realize how much junk I eat untill I wasn't allowed to eat it!

Pauline said...

Hey, I am sorry you failed it. I hear a lot of people fail but then when they take the 3 hour test they pass it. So hopefully you will pass it. When do you have to go back?

Talk to you later,
Pauline
Hey, do you guys have a name yet???

Emily said...

when is your due date? I'm right with you on the sugar, I just made cupcakes with jellybeans tonight and let's just say, I can totally relate...and it is also 10pm! Take care:)