Sunday, February 3, 2008

Another good weekend...

We got back from a weekend in Charlotte...we had a good time. I love going to church in Charlotte, the Church we go to there is where we went when we lived there and I have very found memories of the people and the pastor and their Christ like love and care they had in really hard times for us. Anyway, today was no exception, as usual it was a great service. When we got there I immediately thought of an old friend who lost her second born child this year and 6 months later misscarried her third. I have been praying for them since we got the news, but I had not seen her. Well I saw her today. I had expected or desired to encourage her, but as soon as I saw her I realized there was nothing to say. I gave her a hug and told her I was praying for her...she thanked me and smiled. I couldn't help but noticed the growth I saw in her face and eyes that only comes from pain. As the praise team started I couldn't stop thinking about her, I wanted so much to encourage her or say something helpful. As we sang I was broken. Even now my heart hurts and my eyes are filled with tears. I realized seeing her was more for me than her. I thought about all the silly things I get frustrated over. All the things I get angry over...spilled milk, stains on my walls and carpet, having to clean the bathroom floor at least once a day(boys), etc......the list can go on! And I thought about my friend (who I am sure is not alone in her pain) and how she must miss all those things. I stood there very raw and broken. My hearts desire is for God to continue to refine me and my heart...I prayed (with a little fear I must admit) that He would do His work in me and continue to search me and my heart. I am a little frightened what all that might look like, but I want nothing less.
I have been praying about next year and homeschooling. I was re-convicted of the reasons I felt called to do this in the first place and I felt re-energized for the remainder of this year and convinced that it is what we are called to for next year and probably for the next several years...I am excited and still frightened.
On a different note salvatore got a childs 4-wheeler from his grandparents for Christmas and it was on order. He got to ride it this weekend!!! His first attempt was a little rocky, it flipped. Needless to say he was very scared and not so sure he wanted to get back on it. He rode it a couple times with daddy, and after a while he was good to go. It was probably not a bad thing that he turned it over right away, he now has a healthy respect for the thing! The 4-wheeler would probably have flipped at some point and if he had more confidence it could have happened at a faster speed and so on...It was fun for all the kids. And we enjoyed family too!!!

3 comments:

Pauline said...

I know how you feel. When I see the family in our church that lost their son this past summer, my heart hurts for them. There is so much I want to do for them or say to them but I never know what. I want God to show me how I can help them.
Hey, lets try to get together soon. They will have 2 days off in a few weeks. Maybe we can pick one of those days and get together.
Email me:)
Pauline

nancygrayce said...

A hug is worth a thousand words! It shows you care and there really are no words needed. I think people can feel when we hurt with them!

Emily said...

Hey girl! As I am thinking about your friend, I don't know what to say. What a journey with so much pain, I can't imagine. I am so thankful that God is always with us. Each day is such a gift.
About the flip on the 4-wheeler, so true about better to learn that way! How is it going now?
See you at Wal Mart!